Alec Baldwin handed over his mobile phone to the police on Friday January 14 as part of the investigation into the death during the filming of the film Rust, d’a filmmaker killed by a revolver that the actor was handling during the accident.

At the time of the tragedy, October 21 on a ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Alec Baldwin was working on a scene with cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. He had been presented with the gun as harmless as it was supposed to contain only dummy bullets.

Read also Baldwin case: the film’s assistant director has already been fired from filming after an accident with a firearm

In particular, the police are looking to find out how live ammunition could have been found on the set, which is in theory strictly prohibited. In mid-December, the investigators had obtained a warrant authorizing them to seize the phone of Alec Baldwin, also producer of the western, believing that it could contain ” proofs “ relevant to the case, such as messages or emails.

The actor does not feel guilty or “responsible”

Alec Baldwin surrendered his iPhone on Friday to authorities in Suffolk County, New York, where he has a home. Local police officers will make a copy of the data contained in the device and pass it on to their New Mexico colleagues in charge of the investigation, a spokesperson for the Santa Fe County sheriff told Agence France-Presse. This data has not yet been transmitted and exchanges with his lawyers and his wife will be excluded, under an agreement between Alec Baldwin and the authorities, the spokesperson said.

Read also Alec Baldwin targeted by a complaint for “dangerous behavior” following his fatal shooting on the set of a film

On Thursday, sheriff’s services explained that negotiations were underway to obtain the actor’s phone due to “jurisdictional matters”. Last week on his Instagram account, the actor posted a rather rambling video in which he claimed to be willing to cooperate with the police, calling it a “lies” the « insinuations » that he was not obeying the requests of the investigators.

No arrests have been made to date in this case, but criminal proceedings are not excluded in the event that responsibilities are established, the services of the Santa Fe prosecutor pointed out shortly after the tragedy. In an interview with ABC, Alec Baldwin said he felt neither guilty nor even ” responsible “ of the death of Halyna Hutchins.

Read also Article reserved for our subscribers After the fatal accident on the set of the film with Alec Baldwin, the working conditions in question

The World with AFP



Source link

By admin

Leave a Reply